Jeff Mayer, a Partner in Freeborn’s Litigation and Corporate Practice Groups, will present “Keys to Understanding and Writing Purchase Contracts”, in conjunction with Lorman Education Services, on May 22, 2013. This event is available as a live audio conference, as well as a CD and Manual to be distributed afterwards.More>>
Core Values In Action
“Believe that the loose ball you are chasing has your name on it.” - Mike Krzyzewski
Jeff Mayer is a Partner in the Corporate and Litigation Practice Groups where he focuses on Business Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Employment Litigation and General Corporate advice, including advice on commercial contracts and alternative dispute resolution.
He has been lead attorney in federal courts, state courts, arbitration tribunals and before administrative agencies throughout the United States. Jeff’s litigation experience includes disputes relating to class and other complex litigation, supply chain matters, scientific and technical contract issues, discrimination and wrongful termination claims and real estate litigation throughout the Midwest and East Coast.
He is among an accomplished group of attorneys who have obtained million dollar judgments on behalf of business clients. Jeff takes particular pride in being able to connect his years of litigation experience with litigation prevention both in drafting contracts and crafting settlements.
In addition to his practice, Jeff teaches Real Estate Litigation at The John Marshall Law School.
Before joining Freeborn, he was a shareholder and Chair of the Litigation Group of Raymond & Prokop, P.C. in Michigan.
Jeff Mayer helps food companies with business litigation, employment litigation and general corporate advice. He is particularly adept in handling disputes relating to supply chain and contracting matters, and scientific and technical contract issues. Recently, Jeff represented a food processor in a matter involving defective grain for use in whole grain tortillas and various companies who had received defective food processing equipment.
Industry Team Membership
- J.D.,Washington University in St. Louis School of Law,Order of the CoifHonor Scholar; Associate Editor Washington University Law Quarterly
- LL.M.,University of MichiganInternational and Comparative Law
- B.A.,Duke University
State Bar Admissions
- New York
Federal Bar Admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, District of Colorado, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and Eastern District of Wisconsin
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell legal ability/ethical standards rating AV - Highest possible rating
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, “Proper Approach to a Business Divorce,” Institute of Supply Management International Conference, Dallas, Texas (2012).
- Presenter, “Beyond Warranties: Toward a Transparent Supply Chain,” Institute of Supply Management International Conference, Baltimore, Maryland (2012).
- Presenter, "Managing Change and Disruption in the Supply Chain," Quad Cities Chapter of the National Association of Purchasing Managers Workshop, Moline, Illinois (2012).
- Presenter, "The Legal Structure of International Supply Chain," Institute of Supply Management International Conference, Charlotte, North Carolina (2009).
- Presenter, "Electronic Information and Supply Chain Document Retention Policies: Practical and Strategic Considerations," Institute of Supply Management International Conference, St. Louis, Missouri (2008).
- Presenter, "Catastrophic Disasters and the Supply Chain: Planning and Responding," Institute of Supply Management International Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada (2007).
- Author, "Trial Techniques In Business and Commercial Cases," Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (2007) (supplemented 2009 and 2012).
- Co-author, "Outsourced and Under Your Control," Inside Supply Management (2010).
Jeffrey J. Mayer and Catherine A. Miller, Partners in Freeborn's Litigation Practice Group, are the featured presenters at the Quad Cities Chapter of the National Association of Purchasing Managers workshop, a full-day continuing education seminar.More>>
On October 12, 2011, Jason R. Klinowski, Jeffrey J. Mayer and John T. Shapiro, members of Freeborn's Food Industry Team, were featured presenters in Marsh’s Food & Beverage Risk Management Forum.More>>