Core Values In Action
“When we founded the Firm many years ago, we wanted to create a unique environment where every one of us could thrive and fulfill our professional potential. The values we created then – Integrity, Caring, Effectiveness, Teamwork and Commitment – have stood the test of time, and that is a remarkable accomplishment.”
Jordan H. Peters is a Partner in the Real Estate Practice Group.
For most of his legal career Jordan has engaged in a commercial real estate practice and has more than 30 years of experience representing parties to real estate transactions. His current practice is focused on acquisitions and dispositions, real estate-based financings and leasing. His clients include developers, lenders, investors and corporate owners and lessees of office, industrial and retail properties. He also has a background in transactions involving specialized real estate interests such as mineral estates and railroad rights of way. Jordan also has participated in and supervised many transactions in which the Firm has acted as issuer’s counsel and underwriter’s counsel in government financings. He also regularly acts as local counsel in large, multi-jurisdictional financings where loan parties or collateral are located in Illinois. He also works closely with lawyers in the Firm’s Corporate Practice representing clients in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions where significant real estate assets are involved.
Jordan is also active in real estate professional societies and in legal education relating to real estate and provides pro bono representation to charitable organizations in the Chicago metropolitan area with needs in areas of real estate, project finance and corporate governance.
Represented Canada's largest freight railroad and intermodal transportation provider's purchase of a railroad operating in the suburbs surrounding Chicago, from a major integrated steel producer.
Counsel to a private real estate lender in connection with a $13 million loan for the construction of a hotel and the subsequent refinancing of the construction loan with industrial revenue bonds.
Counsel to the owner of a large suburban shopping center in connection with the acquisition from a party operating in bankruptcy of a key parcel required for the redevelopment of the center.
Pro bono Counsel to a church in connection with the assembly of a development site in Chicago and the financing and construction contracts for development of a church building and community center.
Counsel to the developer of a major Chicago building in connection with a vertical subdivision and $100 million refinancing.
Local counsel to the borrower parties in a one billion Euro corporate financing in which significant Illinois assets were involved.
Counsel for the developer of a regional shopping mall in connection with $32 million of first and second lien construction financing.
- J.D.,The John Marshall Law School,with highest honors; graduated first in his classEditor-in-Chief, The John Marshall Journal of Practice and Procedure (now known as The John Marshall Law Review)
- B.A.,Brown University
State Bar Admissions
Honors and Awards
- Leading Lawyers Network Magazine - Top 100 Real Estate-Related Lawyers - 2014
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board Member and former President, Ely Chapter, Lambda Alpha International, an honorary land economics society
- The John Marshall Law School's Board of Trustees
- President and Member of the Board of Directors, Chicago Bar Association Condominium Association
- Member, Adjunct Faculty of the Center for Real Estate Law at The John Marshall Law School, currently teaching Real Estate Finance
- Instructor, Continuing Legal Education programs on Real Estate