JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Accounting Supervisor
Performs the day-to-day processing of Accounts Payable transactions to ensure the workload is maintained in an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner.
- Receive and verify invoices and check requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with policy and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices/client disbursements for data entry
- Data entry of invoices for payment
- Process edit session reports for review after data entry
- Daily demand check processing and monthly processing of checks (Shared)
- Prepare daily recap of checks (Shared)
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing and distribution (Shared)
- Maintain updated vendor files and account numbers
- Process firm expense reports ( A – J) ( Shared)
- Data entry of petty cash receipts and reconciliation
- Review of monthly vendor statements for discrepancies and resolution
- Respond to questions and make calls to vendors regarding billing problems: act as a liaison between departments and vendors
- Prepare monthly Accounts Payable reconciliations and journal entries
- Scan images of A/P invoices, check requests, checks and related back up
- Import photocopy and computer legal research charges monthly
- Coordinate monthly A/P estimate for cash needs (Shared)
- Meet required daily and monthly deadlines for A/P workload
- Maintain up-to-date list of boxes and contents stored off-site
- Assist with year-end completion and issuance of 1099’s to vendors and special projects as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Associates or other degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- One to two years of account reconciliation and related experience required
- Law firm experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel required
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service, organizational, and communication skills required
Freeborn & Peters LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants who will contribute to the diversity of our practice and our Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability, veteran or military status, or any other status or class protected under federal, state or local law.
Freeborn & Peters LLP has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to accommodations for medical or religious reasons.
Freeborn & Peters LLP
311 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606