Alex Vesselinovitch is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group.
Alex focuses his practice on civil and criminal litigation involving breach of contract, anti-fraud, intellectual property, and antitrust matters. He also handles commercial arbitrations involving various contractual and licensing disputes.
Alex handles a wide variety of complex cases involving both the presentation and defense of fraud, intellectual property, and antitrust claims. He also is experienced in handling federal investigations and conducting internal corporate investigations involving serious allegations of misconduct or fraud and also provides counsel in civil RICO and False Claims Act cases.
As a former Deputy Chief of the Criminal Receiving and Appellate Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago, Alex was lead counsel in many complex multi-defendant trials involving fraud, banking, healthcare, organized crime, and public corruption. He received the Attorney General’s Special Commendation Award and the Department of Justice Special Achievement Award.
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2006-2011, 2016-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 - Present
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - 2018 (cited in multiple years)
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law, International Anti-Corruption and Criminal Law Committees
- American Bar Association
- Author, "Post-Hearing Issues in International Arbitration," Enforcement of SCC and Russian Arbitration Awards in the United States Courts: An Overview (2013)
- Author and Co-Author, ABA Criminal Litigation Committee Month in Review, American Bar Association (July 2008 – 2011)
- Presenter, "There's No Place Like Home: Challenges to Jurisdiction in Life Sciences Litigation," ABA Section of International Law Lifesciences Conference 2018, Copenhagen, Denmark (June 2018).
- Panelist, "Directors and Officers' Liability: The Sword of Damocles on the Executive Floor," ABA Section of International Law 2017 Europe Forum, Barcelona, Spain (June 2017).
- Presenter, "Hot Topics in Commercial Litigation: Amended Discovery Rules, Cyber-Litigation, and Arbitration Provisions," Freeborn & Peters CLE Forum, Chicago, IL (August 2016).
- Moderator, “Panama Papers Revisited: One Year Later,” ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting, Washington DC (April 2017)
- Panelist, "Lawyers, In-House Counsel, Prosecutors and Victims: Managing the Risks and Rights in Cross-Border Investigations," ABA Section of International Law European Forum, Rome Italy (May 2016).
- Speaker, "Trap Doors in the Boardroom: Crisis Prevention and Response," 2011 Annual Boardroom Summit, New York, NY (October 6-7, 2011)