Andy Nordahl is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group.
Andy has extensive experience representing public and private clients in Shareholder disputes, class action lawsuits, the pursuit and defense of antitrust claims, and various other business disputes.
As a member of the firm’s E-Discovery Practice Group, he regularly counsels the Firm’s clients on their E-Discovery issues, “litigation hold” obligations and document retention procedures.
Before joining Freeborn, Andy served as an Attorney in the Litigation Group of the Illinois Department of Human Rights.
- Successfully represented a large privately-held food company and its Board of Directors, officers and majority shareholders in two lawsuits involving a former officer and minority shareholder. These suits involved claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, shareholder oppression, breach of contract, tortious interference with business expectation, and specific performance of a buy-sell agreement, culminating in a six-week jury trial and three bench trials.
- Obtained summary judgment for a large privately held food company against its insurer. The insurer denied coverage for shareholder litigation.
- Obtained approval from the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division for $18 billion merger between a Canadian mining company and one of its competitors.
- Counseled and defended executives from mining client's offices in Belgian, Norwegian, Canadian and American courts, in interviews and depositions with the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division.
- Obtained a jury verdict for one of the country's largest railroads in a class action case involving the Federal Employer's Liability Act.
- Defending a large private home improvement chain and its owner against claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment and promissory estoppel.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- American Bar Association