Core Values in Action
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." ― Beverly Sills
Anne Garr is a Partner serving as Co-Chair of the Firm's Real Estate Practice Group, a Co-Chair of the Firms Recruiting Committee and is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee.
Anne concentrates her practice in the area of real estate law. Anne has over 20 years’ experience representing both landlords and tenants in complex office, retail and industrial leases both locally and on the national level. She also represents property owners in the acquisition, sale and financing of multifamily properties, office buildings, industrial buildings, shopping centers and developers of hotels, restaurants, student housing projects and shopping centers with respect to land acquisition, financing and leasing. A significant portion of Anne’s practice involves corporate real estate, counseling companies with large real estate portfolios and coordinating with in-house personnel and outside vendors to best serve her clients’ real estate needs.
Before joining Freeborn, Anne was an Equity Partner at Lord Bissell & Brook (now Locke Lord LLP) and Chair of its Hiring Committee.
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer – 40 Under Forty Illinois Attorneys to Watch – 2008
- Leading Lawyers - Land Use, Zoning and Condemnation Law; Real Estate Law: Commercial; and Real Estate Law: Finance -2009
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - 2019 (cited in multiple years)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Co-Chair, Scholarship Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Real Estate Investment Association (REIA)
- Mentor for the Goldie B. Wolfe Miller Women Leaders in Real Estate Initiative
- Urban Land Institute
- Panel Moderator, "Chicago Power Women: Honoring Women in Commercial Real Estate," Bisnow Chicago (December 4, 2018).
- Panel Moderator, "Chicago Real Estate - What’s Hot and What’s Ahead," Northern Trust Real Estate Symposium (October 26, 2017).