Ari Krigel is a Partner in the Real Estate Practice Group and a member of the Food Industry Team.
Ari concentrates his practice in the area of commercial real estate, with an emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, conventional and public financing, leasing, workouts and development. His experience includes drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, loan agreements, mortgages, commercial leases, forbearance and deed-in-lieu of foreclosure agreements, easements and performing due diligence for real estate transactions. Ari has represented large institutional investors, national and regional lenders and mid-market real estate investment and development companies.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Ari was an Associate at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP.
- Represented real estate fund in the acquisition of $65,270,000 commercial office building in Bannockburn, Illinois.
- Represented industrial developer in ground-up development of large mixed use project including industrial, retail, and medical office. Negotiated multiple outlot sales. Negotiated construction loans and refinancing, including recent mortgage and mezzanine loans totaling $55,750,000.
- Represented restaurant operator/developer in a 24 property sale/leaseback, and simultaneously closed $20,000,000 in loans secured by the assets of entities operating 63 fast food restaurants, including Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, T.G.I. Friday’s, Blaze Pizza, Old Chicago and Long John Silver’s.
- Represent real estate fund in the acquisition of $57,800,000 commercial office complex in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Represented owner of 400+ unit multifamily development in the negotiations of a $31,000,000 refinancing and construction loan utilized for renovations and the buyout of a minority partner TIC interest.
- Represented developer in note purchase, deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, and the subsequent financing, including construction and mezzanine loans, and multifamily development.
- Represented owner of hotel portfolio in connection with the sale of 15 hotels, including 10 fee properties and the assignment of 5 groundleases.
- Represented company in the acquisition of well-known Lincoln Park restaurant and bar, and the attached apartment buildings. Negotiated the asset and real estate purchase agreement, loan documents and lease, and guided client through the municipal approvals including obtaining the licenses and permits required to operate a restaurant and bar.
- Represented a number of retail and commercial office landlords in the City of Chicago and locations throughout the county, and negotiated leases for retail stores, parking lots, and restaurants, and also commercial office leases for large downtown office towers and smaller regional properties.
- 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 2018