Jill Anderson is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Complex Litigation Team.
Jill represents clients in appellate matters and all phases of complex litigation, with a particular focus on critical and dispositive trial motions in complex cases. Jill's experience includes the representation of large corporations, small businesses, and individuals in a wide range of state and federal commercial matters, including antitrust, real estate, class action, product liability, breach of contract and other complex disputes.
The following are representative examples of cases Jill has handled:
- Defended clients in nationwide antitrust class action resulting in defense judgment and successfully defended that judgment on appeal. In re Sulfuric Acid Antitrust Litigation, 703 F.3d 1004 (7th Cir. 2012).
- Obtained a $36.4 million judgment against a local governmental entity for violating client’s easement rights and delaying construction of the Ritz-Carlton Residences Chicago, Magnificent Mile, and successfully defended the judgment on appeal. Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago v. Terra Foundation for American Art, 2014 IL App (1st) 130307.
- Represented technology company in dispute over licensing agreement, resulting in multi-million dollar settlement for client.
- Arbitrated real-estate dispute requiring seller to turn over title to real estate development.
- Represented Comptroller of the State of Illinois in dispute with the Attorney General of the State of Illinois regarding state-employee pay during budget impasse.
Illinois Leading Lawyers 2017 (cited multiple years)
- American Bar Association
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- "The Supreme Court’s Recent Reverse-Payment Patent-Settlement Decision: Can The Antitrust Challenge Permitted By The Court Be Limited To Pharmaceutical Patent Settlements?" co-author with Jeffery M. Cross
- "Joint Ventures and Other Competitor Collaborations," co-author with David C. Gustman, PLI’s 46th Annual Antitrust Law Institute
- Co-presenter with David C. Gustman and the Hon. John Z. Lee, "Managing Major Antitrust Matters," ALM Litigation Summit, 2012.