Core Values in Action
"Every conflict we face in life is rich with positive and negative potential. It can be a source of inspiration, enlightenment, learning, transformation and growth–or rage, fear, shame, entrapment and resistance. The choice is not up to our opponents, but to us, and our willingness to face and work through them." – Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
Kellye Fabian is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group.
Kellye focuses her practice on all aspects of complex litigation including securities litigation, accountant and auditor malpractice, bankruptcy litigation, partnership and joint venture disputes, breach of contract cases, toxic tort and class action defense. She has significant experience in both prosecuting and defending employment discrimination and Section 1983 lawsuits.
Before joining Freeborn, Kellye worked on similar matters as an Associate at Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
- Successfully brought a malpractice action against a real estate appraiser and recovered the defendant’s errors and omissions policy limit at the close of discovery.
- Successfully represented a large manufacturing company in true lease/disguised financing litigation in the chapter 11 case of Gateway Ethanol, L.L.C. in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Kansas.
- Represented a large private company in multiple lawsuits against the managers of two private equity funds and the funds' President and CEO, among other defendants. The suits involve claims that the plaintiff company was fraudulently induced into contributing hundreds of millions of dollars into the funds and that the defendants breached both their fiduciary duties and funds' operating agreements.
- Fellow - Litigation Counsel of America
- Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars - 2015 (cited in multiple years)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - Emerging Lawyers - 2017
- American Bar Association
- Author, "Advice to Young Associates Who Want to Be Trial Lawyers," Litigation Magazine.