Core Values in Action
“The key to being effective is the ability to think about issues as if you were the client. That means caring enough to listen and learn your client’s business, not just the discrete legal issues they happen to be facing at any one time."
Robert G. Frucht is a Partner in the Corporate Practice Group. Bob focuses his practice on domestic and international transaction-based corporate and securities law including debt and equity financings involving both public offerings and private placements, negotiated mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, financing transactions, and general corporate counseling. Bob has extensive cross-border transactional experience including transactions involving the U.K., Russia, Hong Kong and British Virgin Islands. His experience includes advising clients on compliance with federal securities law and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Bob represents issuers, placement agents and underwriters of securities, as well as financial sponsors and lead investors in the issuance and restructuring of complex financial instruments. He provides advice, on a regular basis, to fund sponsors in matters involving fund formation and compliance, including under the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act. He regularly advises clients on private equity matters, including sponsor representation in connection with board of director issues, equity holder issues, and entrance, exit, and corporate governance issues.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Bob was a Partner at Riker Danzig.
- Advised global media company on legal issues relating to joint venture with a Hong Kong investment advisor;
- Advised global media company in relation to refinancing of global credit facilities in a transaction involving US. and Asian based assets (and intermediate vehicles in the British Virgin Islands);
- Advised seller in connection with sale to private equity sponsor and subsequent redemption and recapitalization transactions;
- Advised Russian office of global consulting company in relation to US securities laws;
- Advised Indian-based company on U.S. securities law aspects of privatization transaction undertaken by the Republic of India.