Steven D. Pearson is a Partner in the Firm's Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Firm's Insurance and Reinsurance Industry Team.
Steve has tried numerous cases to verdict in both state and federal courts in Illinois and across the country. His practice emphasizes the areas of insurance non-compete litigation; insurance coverage, bad faith, reinsurance, non-medical professional liability defense and complex general commercial litigation. Steve also regularly litigates large scale attorney fee disputes and has testified as an expert witness in such matters. He has represented insurers at every stage of the process, from policy drafting, to claims handling through trial and appeal in state and federal courts across the country. Steve has also served as national and regional counsel for a number of insurance companies in a broad array of industry sectors, including in general liability, construction defect, municipal liability, health care, environmental, mass tort and bad faith claims.
Steve has also repeatedly been engaged as an expert on insurance-related topics and speaks regularly at insurance coverage seminars throughout the country. He has also taught insurance law as an adjunct professor of law.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Steve was a Partner at Cozen O'Connor and spent 24 years at Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson LLP.
- The Best Lawyers in America - Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law, 2013 - present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Super Lawyers (Illinois) 2005-2016
- Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - Insurance Coverage, Business Litigation, Construction Litigation - 2019 (cited in multiple years)