Tina Wills is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Complex Litigation and Antitrust Team.
Tina focuses her practice on complex commercial lawsuits, appeals, and critical motions designed to resolve cases before trial. She is known for her attention to detail, cogent legal briefs, and effective oral advocacy. She counsels clients on strategic matters at all stages of litigation, from the initiation of lawsuits through and including proceedings before state and federal appellate courts and the U.S. Supreme Court. She has briefed appeals before four different court of appeals and supreme courts.
Tina represents corporations, small businesses, and individuals in a wide range of commercial matters. She has extensive experience representing employers in labor and employment disputes – including defending employers from discrimination claims and pursuing claims against former employees. These cases frequently implicate complex issues of pleading, class and collective action certification, contract interpretation, fiduciary duties, fraud, statute application, standing, and preemption.
A significant portion of Tina's practice also centers on environmental mass tort litigation, drawing upon her extensive litigation experience and ability to manage the defense of highly complex cases.
- Prevailed in the defense of a corporate client in a matter involving federal preemption and the transportation of hazardous materials at both the trial court and appellate levels.
- Prevailed in the defense of a corporate client at arbitration in discrimination action brought by a former employee as well as in subsequent litigation at the trial and appellate court levels.
- Prevailed in the defense of a corporate client in a discrimination collective action, successfully barring most of plaintiffs’ expert testimony and resolving the case in client’s favor before trial.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of lawsuit against client based on claims of private nuisance at the pleading stage.
- Defeated dispositive motions related to client’s lawsuit claiming breach of fiduciary duties by former employee.
- Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, 2019
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- "Salary Forfeiture: A Deterrent with Teeth" Civil Litigation Flashpoints, published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, August 2015.
- "News Flash! Cattle Farms Have Flies, and That’s No Manure!" Civil Litigation Flashpoints, published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, December 2012.
- "Condominium Associations Face New Challenges Collecting Unpaid Assessments." August 2012.
- "The Illinois Supreme Court Bolsters Shield Against SLAPP Suits." January, 2011.