Our Firm has an active Constitutional and Civil Rights practice, litigating cases involving federal civil rights statutes, including 42 U.S.C. 1981, 1982 and 1983, the Fair Housing Act as well as the First, Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
We are also experienced in handling defamation controversies. We handle these matters both for individuals and governmental entities.
Among the issues we handle are:
- Procedural due process
- Eminent domain and takings analysis
- Wrongful conviction and malicious prosecution
- Search and seizure protections
- Regulation of adult entertainment establishments
- Public access to judicial records.
In handling these types of matters, we have often served as Special Assistant Attorneys General for the State of Illinois and as Special Assistant State’s Attorneys for Cook County.