Fortune 500 companies and Illinois businesses retain our government and regulatory law attorneys to work as registered lobbyists to pass, defeat or modify pending legislation.
From both the public and private sectors, Freeborn has handled some of the most publicly significant and demanding issues facing businesses. We take a comprehensive approach to addressing private clients’ lobbying objectives - armed with efficiencies gained from decades of concentration in this area. With a balanced focus on the client’s business environment and specific needs, we provide guidance and counsel on a wide variety of legislative and substantive matters, including negotiations seeking rights, licenses and privileges from government and at hearings before public bodies. Specific services and capabilities include:
- Legislative initiatives – We are regularly retained to shepherd and lobby for the passage, defeat or amendment of legislation pending before the Illinois General Assembly and appear on behalf of our clients in all related negotiations, proceedings and hearings.
- Legislation analysis and tracking – Our practice group closely monitors the daily progression of bills through the entire legislative process. We provide clients with a timely summary of each proposed bill, amendment or agency rule that may affect their profession or interests.
- Agency rulemaking – We provide counsel and analysis to our clients in all stages of the administrative rulemaking process, from interpreting and responding, to newly proposed rules through final approval by the General Assembly’s Joint Committee on Administrative Rules.
- Appropriations – Each year we represent and guide a multitude of clients through the intricacies of the state of Illinois’ annual budget and appropriations process.
- Procurement – We assist clients in developing and deepening their business relationships with the state of Illinois through the establishment of a comprehensive procurement lobbying strategy. We also identify potential procurement opportunities in advance of formal procurement actions and help in identifying the compelling need for our clients’ products and services.