JOB TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Business Development
Freeborn & Peters LLP is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing and Business Development team. The Marketing Coordinator drives strategic positioning and lead-generation initiatives through the maintenance of high quality, consistent branding standards; CRM administration and implementation; the design, production, and distribution of print and digital materials; and the management of Firm marketing events and digital platforms. The marketing coordinator also assists the Director of Marketing and Business Development in lead generation and nurturing marketing programs, provides support to the marketing team in select areas, and provides initiative, analysis, and creative problem solving.
- Coordinates the Firm’s event planning function in connection with receptions, seminars, conferences, and other events.
- Maintains the Firm’s collateral materials, including attorney photos, biographies, Firm marketing materials, articles, and related marketing pieces.
- Conducts research as needed for Firm’s practice groups and industry teams.
- Provides backup capacity for the generation of client pitches, proposals, and presentations.
- Understand and administer the Firm’s customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Assists in finding and maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Assists in PowerPoint development and presentation coordination.
- Assists Director of Marketing with new employee orientations.
- Arranges for photography of Firm events, photo shoots, etc.
- Coordinates external directory listings and survey information.
- May staff Firm booth, table, or exhibit at trade fairs, Firm events, seminars, etc.
- Posts updates to the web.
- Posts content to Firm’s social media channels and distributes internal and external communications.
- Posts content and updates to the Firm’s intranet site.
- Orders and maintains custom giveaways.
- Monitors production of marketing materials to ensure consistency and appropriateness.
- Coordinates internal and external requests for marketing materials.
- Works with the Firm’s IT department to improve marketing technologies.
- Works with Firm attorneys to best utilize social media tools.
- Understanding of the marketing concept within a professional service environment and the needs and expectations of law firm attorneys.
- Familiarity with the services provided by a full-service corporate law firm.
- Demonstrated strength in interacting and communicating with colleagues at all levels, both within and outside the office.
- Ability to adapt to and work within the Firm’s culture.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (e.g. grammar/spelling/proofreading) – Must demonstrate writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and see projects through to completion.
- Strong word processing (Word), graphic design skills, presentation software (PowerPoint), database management (Interaction), and spreadsheet applications (Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Freeborn & Peters LLP
311 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606