Freeborn serves clients in the unique area of marketing-related law, applying extensive counseling, transactional, and litigation expertise on behalf of a wide variety of leading consumer and industrial businesses and consulting firms throughout the world. We help them with marketing-related areas relating to antitrust, pricing, and distribution, as well as branding, licensing, entertainment, strategic alliances, supply relationships, complex contracts, advertising and new product development.
We help food companies attain the flexibility and confidence they need to implement winning marketing strategies, whether through sophisticated pricing, investments in brands and innovation, or their relationships with retail and distribution partners.
Our team has been repeatedly cited by independent sources such as Chambers USA for our experience in this area. We regularly publish on developments in the industry and frequently speak at conferences. For example, partner Gene Zelek has authored, co-authored or been involved in publications including:
- "Legal Tools that Support Value Pricing, in Visionary Pricing: Reflections and Advances in Honor of Dan Nimer," (Gerald Smith ed.), 19 Advances in Business Marketing & Purchasing (2012).
- "Facilitating Value Pricing in the Food and Foodservice Industries," Freeborn & Peters Contemporary Legal Issues White Paper (2011).
- "The Legal Framework for Pricing, in Thomas T. Nagle, John E. Hogan and Joseph Zale, The Strategies and Tactics of Pricing," (5th ed. 2010); also, as Thomas T. Nagle and John E. Hogan, (4th ed. 2006) and, as Thomas T. Nagle and Reed K. Holden, (3d ed. 2002).
- Walter L. Baker, Michael V. Marn and Craig C. Zawada, The Price Advantage (2d ed. 2010) and, as Michael V. Marn, Eric V. Roegner and Craig C. Zawada (2004).
- "Role of Regulation in Setting Prices, in Kellogg on Marketing" (Alice M. Tybout and Bobby J. Calder eds., 2d ed. 2010) and (Dawn Iacobucci ed., 2001).
- "Avoiding Corrosive Price Competition, in Institute of Channel Management,"(Volume 3, Number 1) (2009).