We regularly represent buyers, sellers and management groups in M&A transactions. For sellers, our attorneys apply their practical experience and structuring expertise to provide clients with the ability to timely close a transaction while maximizing the transaction’s after-tax value.
We regularly assist sellers through all aspects of the transaction, from the selection of investment bankers to due diligence preparation to comparison and selection of bids to negotiation and closing of the transaction.
Buyers rely on us to guide them through the due diligence review of a potential target, the creation of the best transaction structure, the negotiation of key terms, the preparation of documentation and the closing of the transaction. By understanding the buyer’s objectives and post-closing strategy, we provide practical advice targeted at the critical deal points. Our M&A attorneys work closely with our tax, antitrust, intellectual property, ERISA, labor, finance, environmental and other firm attorneys as required by each transaction.
Some of our representative matters include:
- Represented Canada’s largest freight railroad and intermodal transportation provider’s purchase of a railroad that operates in the suburbs surrounding Chicago from a major integrated steel producer.
- Facilitated acquisition of three rail lines and a maritime business by Canada’s largest freight railroad and intermodal transportation provider from a New York-based private equity fund for approximately $380 million.
- Served as counsel in the sale by a leading U.S. –based intermodal and logistics company and one of the world’s largest private equity firms of their interest in a German joint venture in the airline intermodal industry to an international airline.
- Numerous add-on acquisitions of airport-based aircraft service companies throughout the United States for an Orlando, Florida-based fixed-base operator.
- Served as U.S. counsel for a London-based company in connection with the sale of a division that manufactures and distributes aircraft equipment in the U.S. and in Europe on transportation matters.
- Represented an automotive parts supplier in its acquisition of an after-market motorcycle parts manufacturing and supply company.
- Representation of a railroad logistics company in the acquisition of a trucking logistics company.
- Represented a major North American railroad company in $40 million acquisition of a Michigan-based shortline-railroad operator.
- Represented a major North American railroad company in the acquisition of a majority interest in a privately held railroad and transloading business for $18 million.