There may be no more important indicator of the likely success of any real estate project than the time and effort spent on its initial structuring. We have significant experience structuring business entities and negotiating complex joint venture transactions for development and investment projects.
Our services include advising estate owners and other parties seeking to acquire and develop real estate on the use of partnerships and limited liability companies so they can fulfill specific planning goals. We have also been involved in creating hybrid TIC/joint venture structures to allow developers to attract like-kind exchange investors. We help our clients:
- Negotiate partnership and limited liability company agreements in connection with the participation by institutional investors in large real estate funds
- Prepare organizational documents and private offering memoranda for sponsors of tenant-in-common (TIC) programs
- Prepare and negotiate investment agreements between developers and private equity sources for both ground-up and urban development projects
- Form equity and waterfall strategies for both single investment development projects and multi-investment funds
- Create and implement parallel investment structures to maximize after-tax returns for foreign investors in U.S. real estate projects.