From consumer goods to heavy industrial machinery, Freeborn defends product liability actions for manufacturers and distributors of a wide variety of products in matters across the country.
Our experience is distinctive and includes:
- Handling multi-party and multi-jurisdictional cases, class actions, and MDL proceedings in federal and state courts from California to Florida and from Texas to Michigan.
- Serving as national counsel, regional counsel and liaison counsel in many products liability cases.
- Strong, nationwide contacts with expert witnesses to serve as excellent resources in these types of matters.
- Deep experience managing major, complex mass litigation.
- A long track record of developing effective litigation strategies in close consultation with clients who are part of the litigation team.
- An understanding of often intricate and challenging scientific concepts at the heart of many products liability matters – an invaluable skill when challenging opposing expert witnesses and detailing specific theories to juries.
Our work includes assisting clients throughout all stages of litigation, as well as providing pre-suit counseling on product design issues. We also evaluate compliance with federal standards, assist in implementation of product recalls and retrofits and have assisted in developing corporate document retention policies.
Our experience includes handling products liability matters in the following industries and areas:
- Aircraft and aircraft components
- Appliances and televisions
- Baby feeding products and accessories
- Bacterial contamination in food
- Bicycles and other sporting equipment
- Cranes, hoists, forklifts and sky climbers, ladders and construction elevators
- Electrical switches
- Farm machinery
- Furnaces and fireplaces
- Fire-retardant treated plywood
- Industrial (automobile) crushers
- Large and light-duty trucks
- Marine Motors
- Medical devices and other medical products, including: heart valves, joint replacements and orthopedic devices
- Off-road vehicles
- Pharmaceuticals such as heparin and Coumadin
- Plastic injection molding machinery
- Power Tools
- Printing presses
- Railroad boxcars
- Treadmills and other fitness equipment
- Utility lighters