The 36th Annual Real Estate Conference
November 12, 2009
Edward J. Hannon is a featured speaker at the 36th Annual Real Estate Conference, sponsored by the Illinois CPA Society, to be held November 12, in Rosemont, Illinois. Mr. Hannon’s presentation is titled, “Taxation Updates,” and it will:
- Explore legislative hot topics including an update on “carried interest” and America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009.
- Receive an update on the related party like-kind exchange rules.
- Discuss new guidance on real estate partnership tax issues.
- Delve into new developments regarding taxation of distressed real estate including the restructuring of nonrecourse debt short sales and deed in-lieu of foreclosure.
- Examine small business cancellation of indebtedness legislation and related modifications.
Mr. Hannon is a Partner in the Corporate and Real Estate Practice Groups of Freeborn.