David Gustman to Speak at PLI's Antitrust Institute 2011
March 17, 2011
David C. Gustman, a Partner in Freeborn's Antitrust and Litigation Practice Groups, will be speaking at the Practising Law Institute's Antitrust Institute 2011: Developments & Hot Topics program, which will be held March 17-18, 2011 in Chicago. Mr. Gustman will participate in a panel discussion of "Recent Decisions and Their Impact on Antitrust Enforcement and Litigation." The panel will address:
- The Plaintiffs' view.
- The Federal Enforcers' view.
- The Defendants' view.
- What trends are developing?
- What are the risks for American business in this quick changing environment?
PLI's Antitrust Institute 2011: Developments & Hot Topics program will cover critical areas of antitrust law that are changing quickly - from mergers to resale price maintenance and cartels to price discrimination. PLI's Antitrust Institute is designed to equip both seasoned antitrust practitioners and beginners with valuable knowledge and practice tips.
General conference topics include:
- Clear exposition of important recent decisions and possible new developments.
- The practical risks of consumer class actions and private treble damages suits from competitors.
- Joint ventures and other collaborations with competitors.
- How to avoid exposure for price fixing.
- Practical advice on distributions issues, tying, resale price maintenance, exclusive dealing and price discrimination.
- What are the Federal and State Antitrust Enforcement Agencies planning?
- How will international antitrust enforcement impact American businesses?