Drafting Enforceable Online Agreements: A Step-by-Step Guide Webinar
March 12, 2015
In this interactive webinar, you will learn how to draft enforceable online agreements, including clickwrap and browsewrap agreements, as well as effective litigation strategies to avoid or prevail in disputes regarding these contracts. The speakers will discuss how to structure an enforceable online agreement, clauses that should be included in these online agreements and explain strategies for avoiding common pitfalls and resolving contract disputes.
Among other things, this webinar will provide expert guidance with respect to:
- The different types of online agreements, i.e., clickwrap and browsewrap agreements, and when you should use one or the other.
- Methods to ensure proper acceptance of the agreement
- Proper notice of the terms and conditions
- Mutual assent
- Modification of the terms
- Forum selection
- Protection of intellectual property rights
- New terms appearing in online agreements, i.e., noncompete, non-disparagement, etc.
- Recent case law on clickwrap and browsewrap agreements
The speakers will review these and other key questions:
- What terms should be included in clickwrap and browsewrap agreements?
- How can corporate counsel best mitigate risk of litigation when drafting the agreements?
- What online terms are most often disputed and what are the best strategies to resolve them?
- How can counsel prevail in litigation to enforce clickwrap and browsewrap agreements?
- What online agreements have courts upheld and why?
- What legal arguments have been successful in convincing courts to enforce agreements?
- What are the best practices that corporate counsel can glean from the cases?
Please register for the webinar: here.