The Financial Systems Administrator/Analyst will be responsible for assisting with maintaining, supporting, and customizing the financial systems of the Firm. The role will involve creating financial reports, performing design and document system updates, improving workflows, and making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. This position will report to the Financial Systems Manager.
- Provide system maintenance, monitoring, business continuity, and problem resolution for the financial systems environment.
- Provide support towards the implementation, upgrade, functional, and technical maintenance of financial systems applications.
- Development of custom reports and queries for accounting and management as requested.
- Proactively review current data processes for efficiency and identify process improvements, standard operating procedures, best practices, etc.
- Work with software vendors or internal resources to install, configure, and test applications.
- Provide application training and support to end-users of financial system software.
- Identify and recommend production customizations and enhancements.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Financial Reporting Manager.
- 3+ years experience administering Aderant Expert or a similar financial system such as Elite, preferably in a large law firm setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in or equivalent experience required in computer science, information systems, business administration or finance
- Experience with related financial services applications such as Chrome River, Iridium, Intapp
- Solid understanding of financial processes
- Experience with accessing and processing data using SQL and/or similar data mining tools
- Ability to design and create summary and detail level reports for management; carry out ad hoc reporting using SQL, SSRS, or similar software
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Ability to multi-task and handle unstructured environment
- Well organized with an ability to work independently, comprehend business requirements, and proactively identify systems and reporting capabilities to address those requirements
- Must be results-oriented, dependable, adhere to established time commitments, and demonstrate strong customer service attributes and the ability to deliver results
- Strong analytical skills and excellent people skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Freeborn & Peters LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants who will contribute to the diversity of our practice and our Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability, veteran or military status, or any other status or class protected under federal, state, or local law.
Freeborn & Peters LLP
311 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606