We are familiar with the wide variety of litigation claims commonly prosecuted in commercial and consumer bankruptcy cases. In conjunction with our team of experienced litigators, we can effectively represent parties in virtually any litigation claim that may arise in a bankruptcy and insolvency context.
In particular, we are experienced representing both plaintiffs and defendants in litigation brought under chapter 5 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, including preference and fraudulent transfer actions, claims to recover unauthorized post-petition transfers, turnover claims, and re-characterization and equitable subordination claims. We have prosecuted tens of millions of dollars of preference litigation claims on behalf of liquidating trustees and chapter 7 trustees, and have defended hundreds of preference and fraudulent transfer claims on behalf of creditors in cases across the United States.
Recent engagements include:
- Represented trustee in pursuing multi-million dollar director and officer litigation.
- Represented trustee in pursuing multi-million dollar fraudulent transfer claims under failed. leveraged buyout.
- Represented directors and officers in defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Represented transferee in defense of fraudulent transfer claims.
- Represented trustees and defendants in preference litigation across the country.