Logistics Contracting for Transportation
Freeborn’s Transportation industry attorneys regularly represent shippers, consignees, carriers, warehouse and cargo intermediaries in the negotiation of transportation contracts and the resolution of disputes arising out of the transportation and logistics process.
We assist clients across all modes of transportation and types of commodities. A few examples of the types of cargo covered by the agreements we have negotiated include:
- Auto parts and finished vehicles for several major auto manufacturers;
- Petroleum products for a plastics processing plant;
- Raw materials and paper products for a large paper mill;
- Coal, aggregate, taconite and other bulk commodities for a range of industries, and
- A Presidential candidate for his post-nomination whistle stop tour in antique railcars.
All of these agreements involved detailed negotiations about the allocation of risk between the parties and the development of mutually satisfactory performance metrics.