The HR Generalist will support the HR team’s day-to-day tasks and special projects in all areas of the HR function.
- Manage digital and paper employee files, I-9s, and HR records in a compliant manner that maximizes the function of the team and ability to find information.
- Manage annual PTO process including regular reporting on PTO use and end of year PTO carryover and payout.
- Manage Attorney Registration Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) by sending annual communication to attorneys and secretaries and auditing the registration process.
- Maintain the Firm’s notary records including ordering supplies and keeping up-to-date information on the Intranet.
- Maintain Intranet content on HR and Firmwide pages via SharePoint.
- Reporting at regular intervals and on an ad hoc basis.
- Make all changes in the HRIS (ADP) and other records based on onboarding, offboarding, and employee updates; ensure that data in the HRIS is formatted consistently and in a manner that allows for reporting.
- Maintain labor law posters for offices in multiple states and in digital format on Intranet.
- Process payroll events like anniversary bonuses, referral bonuses, PTO payout, employee status changes, etc.
- Assist with processes related to:
- Onboarding and offboarding
- HR policies and procedures
- Statutory compliance
- Staff recruiting
- Employee events
- RFIs/RFPs for client work
- Benefits administration
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years of HR experience strongly preferred.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite required; expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel strongly desired.
- HRIS experience preferred.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment a plus.
Freeborn & Peters LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants who will contribute to the diversity of our practice and our Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability, veteran or military status, or any other status or class protected under federal, state, or local law.
Freeborn & Peters LLP
311 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606