Assists paralegals with a variety of tasks from discovery to trial/arbitration using the Firm’s established best practices and adhering to federal, state, and local court rules and procedures.
- Extract and code factual information from documents produced
- Organize and maintain files in traditional and electronic fashion
- Assist paralegals with the production of documents and creation of witness kits
- Assist paralegals with creating chronologies and timelines of key events
- Assist paralegals with creating deposition and witness preparation kits
- Copy, scan, print, bind, and/or file documents as requested
- Perform internet research to locate witnesses or relevant case information
- Assist in preparing trial preparations
- Assist with covering reception
- BA/BS strongly preferred, Associates with law firm experience a plus
- 2 years of law firm experience or 1 year of law firm experience with paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program desired
- Technologically proficient with experience in Relativity, Microsoft Office Suite, CompuLaw, and document management systems such as iManage Work. Experience with Westlaw and LexisNexis a plus
- Well organized, detail oriented
- Flexible, able to multi-task
- Able to remain professional and friendly under deadline oriented and stressful situations
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be proactive, discreet, and have the ability to exhibit good judgment and be comfortable asking questions and seeking the advice of senior paralegals or attorneys
Freeborn & Peters LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants who will contribute to the diversity of our practice and our Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability, veteran or military status, or any other status or class protected under federal, state or local law.
Freeborn & Peters LLP has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to accommodations for medical or religious reasons.
Freeborn & Peters LLP
311 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606