On August 28, 2018, Partner Mitchell A. Carrel moderated a panel entitled, “Data Center Site Selection: Cost of Land & Power, Economic Incentives and More” at the second annual Data Center Investment Conference & Expo Midwest, hosted by Bisnow.
The conference, held at Hammond Marina, featured more than 44 speakers and highlighted the Midwest data center market in the heart of the Chicago. Mitch’s panel included the following panelists:
- Rick Fournier, Director, Enterprise Sales - Midwest, Digital Realty Trust
- Kylle Jordan, Manager, Business Development, Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Sean Khurana, President & COO, Cavern Technologies
- James Leach, Vice President, RagingWire Data Centers
- Chris Pumphrey, Executive Director, Douglas County Economic Development Authority
- Mark Rau, Director, Sales - Cleveland, H5 Data Centers
Mitch, who was recently was named one of Illinois Top 10 “Leading Land Use and Zoning Lawyers” by Leading Lawyers, discussed that investment in U.S. data centers has reached historic levels and Chicago—the third largest U.S. data center market—is well positioned for continued growth resulting from its central location, access to redundant power sources and fiber, and proximity to end users.
To learn more about what was discussed throughout the conference, click here.