The Office Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative aspects of running our Tampa office. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, excellent customer service, and strong communication skills. They will be ready to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in where needed.
- Greet and welcome on-site visitors and clients as needed
- Answer incoming telephone calls and forward to appropriate person
- Retrieve messages from general voice mail box and forward to appropriate person
- Answer questions about the Firm and provide callers with general information
- Keep reception area, kitchen, and copy room stocked and orderly; update supply list for Office Manager
- Set up and clean up of conference rooms
- Mail room/office services including copying, scanning, printing, and filing
- Manage postage through stamps.com
- Receive incoming packages; sort and distribute mail and packages
- Prepare FedEx and First Class mail labels and packaging when needed
- Deliver documents to Court for filing and make local law firm runs
- Coordinate routine maintenance of copy equipment
- Interoffice movement of boxes containing documents and equipment
- Transferring of materials to and from office to onsite/off-site storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements
- Assist with destruction of documents projects as needed
- Bind and index documents
- Provide support to attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and office manager as needed
- Assist with tech set-up at hearings and presentations
- Sort/classify documents according to guidelines, i.e., by content, purpose or in chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order
- Assist with the creation and printing of file folder labels, binder indexes, etc.
- Update file label lists as needed
- Bates labeling (electronic)
- Assist with filing and updating pleading indexes
- Assist with Webex, Zoom, and Spark Board meetings
- Assist Office Manager with office events when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Basic typing skills and experience with copiers, printers, and other office equipment
- Ability to navigate various computer programs
- The ideal candidate will be well mannered, pleasant, professional, discreet, well-spoken, and possess a positive and helpful attitude
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, as well as walk, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must have the ability to routinely lift and or move up to 30 lbs. This would require the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, move office equipment, push carts, and bend and stand as necessary.
Freeborn & Peters LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants who will contribute to the diversity of our practice and our Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability, veteran or military status, or any other status or class protected under federal, state, or local law.
Freeborn & Peters LLP has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to accommodations for medical or religious reasons.
Freeborn & Peters LLP
311 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606