"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Winston Churchill
In the course of my career in litigation and in dispute resolution, I have learned that the attitude brought by myself and the team is crucial towards reaching a successful result. One has to attack every legal dispute with energy, enthusiasm, and preparation if one hopes to resolve it favorably. It has been a life lesson for me as well: a good attitude is more important than any other factor in working through any problem.
Alex Vesselinovitch is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group and Co-Leader of the White Collar Defense and Investigations Team.
Alex focuses his practice on civil and criminal litigation involving breach of contract, anti-fraud, intellectual property, and antitrust matters. He also handles commercial arbitrations involving various contractual and licensing disputes.
Alex handles a wide variety of complex cases involving both the presentation and defense of fraud, intellectual property, and antitrust claims. He also is experienced in handling federal investigations and conducting internal corporate investigations involving serious allegations of misconduct or fraud and also provides counsel in civil RICO and False Claims Act cases.
As a former Deputy Chief of the Criminal Receiving and Appellate Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago, Alex was lead counsel in many complex multi-defendant trials involving fraud, banking, healthcare, organized crime, and public corruption. He received the Attorney General’s Special Commendation Award and the Department of Justice Special Achievement Award.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2006-2011, 2016-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America® - Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, 2013 - 2023
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - 2020 (cited in multiple years)
- AV Martindale Hubbel Preeminent - 2022
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law, International Anti-Corruption and Criminal Law Committees
- American Bar Association
- Presenter, "There's No Place Like Home: Challenges to Jurisdiction in Life Sciences Litigation," ABA Section of International Law Lifesciences Conference 2018, Copenhagen, Denmark (June 2018).
- Panelist, "Directors and Officers' Liability: The Sword of Damocles on the Executive Floor," ABA Section of International Law 2017 Europe Forum, Barcelona, Spain (June 2017).
- Presenter, "Hot Topics in Commercial Litigation: Amended Discovery Rules, Cyber-Litigation, and Arbitration Provisions," Freeborn & Peters CLE Forum, Chicago, IL (August 2016).
- Moderator, “Panama Papers Revisited: One Year Later,” ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting, Washington DC (April 2017)
- Panelist, "Lawyers, In-House Counsel, Prosecutors and Victims: Managing the Risks and Rights in Cross-Border Investigations," ABA Section of International Law European Forum, Rome Italy (May 2016).
- Speaker, "Trap Doors in the Boardroom: Crisis Prevention and Response," 2011 Annual Boardroom Summit, New York, NY (October 6-7, 2011)
- Author, "Post-Hearing Issues in International Arbitration," Enforcement of SCC and Russian Arbitration Awards in the United States Courts: An Overview (2013)
- Author and Co-Author, ABA Criminal Litigation Committee Month in Review, American Bar Association (July 2008 – 2011)