Tailored tax and legal strategies that take into account individual and family values provide clients with more effective and efficient solutions, whether the client is an entrepreneur, a family seeking to pass-on the family business to the next generation, or a single family office seeking to expand to meet the needs of multi-generational family members.
Amanda is an Associate and member of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group. She focuses her practice on Trusts and Estates. Amanda represents ultra-high-net-worth multinational individuals, families, closely-held businesses, private foundations, private trust companies and family offices, providing them with tax and estate planning services. Amanda also advises clients regarding all tax and legal matters related to charitable planning, personal and business holdings as well as marital planning and asset protection strategies. She drafts complex trusts, estate plans and other corporate and trust-related documents, working with international counsel regarding multinational families and family businesses. Additionally, she represents art collectors on a range of matters from acquisitions and collection management to planning for intergenerational transfers.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Amanda served as Private Client Counsel at Kozusko Harris Duncan. She was also previously an Associate in Wealth Planning and Tax Strategy at The Northern Trust Company.
Amanda received her B.A. from Davidson College, her J.D. from Loyola University School of Law and her Master of Laws in Taxation from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law.
- Member, Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Former Chair, Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Estate Planning Committee, (2016-2017)
- Co-Presenter, Modifying Irrevocable Trusts, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Estate Planning Short-Course, (May 2020).
- Co-Presenter, Planning for Tangibles, Collectibles, and Other Specialty Assets, Chicago Bar Association, Trust Law Committee, (March 2016).
- Mobility and the Next Generation Client, Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Estate Planning Committee, (January 2016).