Amanda S. Keller is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group, and a member of its Insurance and Reinsurance Industry Team. Amanda specializes in insurance and reinsurance work, with experience in insurance coverage and litigation. She has litigated complex coverage matters and has provided guidance to clients on the interpretation of policy language, as well as the rights and obligations of insurers and insureds under policies of insurance.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Amanda practiced in the area of third-party insurance coverage and handled a multitude of coverage and litigation matters. She has served as coverage and advisory counsel for domestic and foreign insurers regarding claims arising across the country. Outside of work, Amanda is actively involved with the Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and has chaired multiple committees and currently serves as the secretary of the board of directors.
In her spare time, Amanda enjoys fishing in the Tampa Bay and watching sports with her husband in addition to spending time with friends, family, and their puppy, Barkley.
Assisted in the litigation and resolution of coverage matters, including matters arising from construction defect claims, third-party liability claims, and professional liability claims, in state and federal court.
Advised foreign and domestic insurers on good faith claims handling practices to minimize bad faith exposure for catastrophic liability claims and to resolve settlement demands where available insurance coverage is limited.
Analyzed and advised insurers on the interpretation of policy language and rights and obligations of insurers and the insureds under policies of insurance. Assisted in the litigation of complex coverage matters related to coverage disputes with respect to a wide range of policies and issues.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Book Awards in Family Law, Criminal Prosecution Clinic, and Interviewing, Counseling & Negotiating
- The Judge John M. McNatt Scholarship Recipient
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division - Bar Leadership Institute Class, Co-Chair (Present)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Board of Directors, Secretary (Present)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division - Professionalism & Ethics Committee, Co-Chair (2018-2020)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division - Law Practice Committee, Vice-Chair (2017-2018)