Anne Garr is a Partner serving as Co-Leader of the Firm's Real Estate Practice Group, a Co-Chair of the Firm's Recruiting Committee and is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee.
Anne's practice concentrates on commercial real estate, with particular emphasis on sales, acquisitions, development, financing and commercial leasing. She has broad-based experience representing owners, developers, landlords, and tenants in a variety of industries, including, office, retail, industrial, multi-family, mixed-use properties, restaurants and condominium projects. A significant portion of Anne's practice involves corporate real estate, counseling companies with large real estate portfolios and coordinating with in-house personnel and outside vendors to best serve her clients' real estate needs.
Before joining Freeborn, Anne was an Equity Partner at Lord Bissell & Brook (now Locke Lord LLP) and Chair of its Hiring Committee.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer – 40 Under Forty Illinois Attorneys to Watch – 2008
- Leading Lawyers - Land Use, Zoning and Condemnation Law; Real Estate Law: Commercial; and Real Estate Law: Finance -2009
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - 2019 (cited in multiple years)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Co-Chair, Scholarship Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Real Estate Investment Association (REIA)
- Mentor for the Goldie B. Wolfe Miller Women Leaders in Real Estate Initiative
- Urban Land Institute
- Panel Moderator, "Chicago Power Women: Honoring Women in Commercial Real Estate," Bisnow Chicago (December 4, 2018).
- Panel Moderator, "Chicago Real Estate - What’s Hot and What’s Ahead," Northern Trust Real Estate Symposium (October 26, 2017).