Beth Gould is an Associate in the Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Insurance/Reinsurance Industry Team. Beth focuses her practice on insurance defense for personal lines, trucking, commercial general liability, and restaurants and retail. Beth has extensive trial experience and works in partnership with her clients in order to craft a litigation strategy from loss through litigation in order to ensure her client’s needs are met and the desired outcome achieved.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Beth was an Associate at Kalbaugh, Pfund & Messersmith, P.C.
Defended restaurant premises liability claim to defense verdict in jury trial in the City of Richmond Circuit Court.
First-chaired defense of civil action for compensatory and punitive damages for injuries received due to drunk driving motor vehicle accident in Hanover County Circuit Court to jury verdict for lower than agreed high-low figure.
Defended landlord against tenant making personal injury claim in jury trial in City of Richmond Circuit Court to defense verdict based on motion to strike plaintiff's evidence.
Successfully demurred to civil claim for personal injury damages resulting from alleged negligent entrustment of a taser, forcing non-suit of case which was not thereafter re-filed.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence Award for Remedies
- The Impact of Marijuana on Litigation, KPM Law Annual Seminar (2016).
- The Law of Defamation, KPM Law Annual Seminar (2013).
- “July 2017 Legislative Update,” KPM Law Newsletter (July 2017).
- “Duty to Defend in Data Breach Cases,” KPM Law Newsletter (May 2016).
- “Employer Liability for Third-Party Harassment of Employees,” KPM Law Newsletter (June 2014).