Bianca Ciarroni is an Associate in the Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group and as well as the Fraud and Internal Investigations Practice Group. Bianca utilizes both her bankruptcy and litigation experience at Freeborn to better assist clients and provide a more well-rounded approach to problem solving. The two areas often overlap allowing her to develop specialized skills in both areas. On the bankruptcy side, her experience includes aiding the bankruptcy team in representing creditors’ committees in Chapter 11 cases involving transactional and litigation matters. On the litigation side, she collaborates with the fraud team to represent creditors in enforcing their judgments against debtors hiding their assets to avoid paying the judgments.
While in law school, Bianca was Team Leader of three prisoner's rights cases at The John Marshall Law School's Pro Bono Clinic and Program where she defended prisoners against constitutional violations. She appeared as an Illinois Supreme Court Rule 711-licensed student in Peoria, Illinois where she advocated for her client in a settlement conference and achieved a global settlement.
During her second and third year of law school, Bianca also worked as a legal intern at the firm in the Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring and the Fraud and Internal Investigations Practice Groups.
Bianca enjoys walking around Chicago’s lakefront in the summer and fall months and finding new restaurants around the city to try. She also enjoys singing, listening to live jazz bands and making different Italian family recipes.
Currently representing a creditor bank to recover a multi-million dollar judgment against two debtors and other post-judgment matters for the bank.
Currently representing a bankruptcy trustee in recovering complex claims in connection with a multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme and obtaining substantial settlements.
Currently representing Markpol Distributors, Inc., an Illinois-based importer and distributor of grocery and confectionary goods, in its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding pending in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Currently representing a prisoner pro bono at Stateville Correction Center against retaliation and inhumane conditions of confinement under the First, Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S Constitution.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Semi-finalist, Burton D. Wechsler First Amendment Moot Court Competition, August 2017 – October 2017.
- Octo-finalist, Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, January 2017 – May 2017.
- Winner & Best Oralist, Dean Fred F. Herzog Competition, June 2016 – August 2016.
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- The International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- The Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Network of Women Committee Member for the Midwest Region
- The Women’s Bar Foundation, Advisory Board Member
- The Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- The Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association