Jade is an Associate in the Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Insurance/Reinsurance Industry Team, with a focus on trust, probate and fiduciary litigation. Jade has experience litigating complex estate planning disputes, as well as commercial and business litigation and securities matters.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Jade served as a Litigation Attorney at PersanteZuroweste where she was involved in a variety of complex matters including FINRA arbitrations, shareholder derivative lawsuits, breaches of covenants not to compete, breaches of contract, real property disputes, will and trust contests, contested guardianships, removal of trustees, exploitation of vulnerable and elderly adults, as well as other fiduciary and commercial litigation.
In law school, Jade was a member of Stetson’s Dispute Resolution Board and the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Board. Jade also competed with Stetson’s nationally recognized trial team. Upon graduation, Jade was selected for membership in the National Order of the Barristers, and received the Stephanie A. Vaughan Excellence in Advocacy Award, which is given to one student each year at graduation who embodies excellence in both written and oral advocacy. Jade also received the Victor O. Wehle Award, which is presented each semester to the outstanding student in each section of Trial Advocacy.
In her spare time, Jade enjoys cheering on her home state’s University of Kentucky Wildcats, as well as running, and yoga.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- 2019 Runner Up – UMKC’s “Show Me Challenge” National Voir Dire tournament
- 2018 Winner – Florida Bar Richard DeWitt Memorial Vis Pre-Moot
- 2018 Finalist - Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Board
- Member, Clearwater Bar Association (2019 – Present)
- Member and Board Member, Clearwater Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (2019 – Present)
- Member, St. Petersburg Bar Association (2019 – Present)