James D. McConnell serves as Senior Counsel as is a member of the Insurance/Reinsurance Industry Group. James graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1982 and earned his law degree from Rutgers Law School (Newark) in 1991. He has co-authored papers presented at the National Association Of Insurance Commissioners Workshops, including Director and Officer Liability in Insurer Insolvencies and Controlling Shareholder Liability in Insurer Insolvencies.
From 1982 to 1988, Mr. McConnell served as an Airborne and Ranger qualified Infantry officer in the United States Army. In 1988, he was honorably discharged from the Army at the rank of Captain and began law school.
- Member, AIDA Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society (ARIAS-U.S.)
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Irish American Bar Association of New York
- Secretary, Notre Dame Alumni Club of New York City