Jeremy Richardson leads the firm’s Consumer Products Industry Team, is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group, and a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group. Jeremy works primarily with consumer product manufacturers and, in particular, the juvenile products industry.
Clients leverage Jeremy’s expertise – including his fashion law background – in times of opportunity and need. Jeremy partners with clients to provide practical solutions on an array of matters including trademark and copyright protection; intellectual property licenses; minimum advertised price policies; terms and conditions of sale; third party logistics and warehouse agreements; and contract disputes. He is also sought after to advise on regulatory compliance matters. When litigation becomes necessary, Jeremy practices in New York State and Federal courts, in arbitration, has argued before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and has been admitted pro hac vice to practice before a number of courts.
Jeremy’s impact on the juvenile products industry is felt beyond the boardroom and courthouse. His professional affiliations include the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association; the International Consumer Products Health and Safety Organization; Toy Association; and ASTM International.
Jeremy has been a guest lecturer at Parsons School of Design and Fordham Law School on legal and regulatory issues in the fashion industry.
- Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA)
- International Consumer Products Health and Safety Organization (ICPHSO)
- American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM)
- Toy Association
- Advertising Claims and the FTC, 2021 Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Virtual Summit, May 2021.
- The Anti-Counterfeiting Tool Chest: How Manufacturers and Retailers Can Combat Dangerous Products, International Consumer Products Health and Safety Organization Virtual Summit, February 2021.
- Cyber Issues in the Midst of COVID-19, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Webinar, July 2020.
- How Supply Chain Relationships May Change in the Wake of COVID-19, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Webinar, June 2020.
- Protecting Your Brand from Counterfeits and Knock-Offs, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Webinar, January 2020.
- Managing Your E-Commerce Platform While Maintaining Your Wholesale Business, The JPMA Show: Built for Baby, Orlando, FL, April 2019.
- Consumer Privacy: What Juvenile Products Manufacturers Need to Know, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Webinar, October 2018.
- Year in Review, Museum Store Association (MSA) Forward 2018, Washington, D.C., April 2018.
- Ask the Experts - Licensing in the Juvenile Products World, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Baby Show, Washington, D.C., March 2018.
- Contests, Sweepstakes & Social Media, Know the Rules!, NY NOW, New York, NY, February 2018.
- Understanding Advertising Laws that Impact Juvenile Products Manufacturers, Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association Webinar, November 2017.
- Licensing in the Juvenile Products World, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association Baby Show, Anaheim, CA, May 2017.
- Author, "What to Know About Florida’s Telephone Solicitation Act" Powerhouse Points - A Quarterly Litigation Update, Fall 2021
- Co-Author, "Client Alert: What to Know About Florida’s Telephone Solicitation Act," Freeborn & Peters LLP, October 8, 2021.
- Is a Minimum Advertised Price Policy a Vendor's Silver Bullet?, The Giggle Guide, November 1, 2014.
- Trademark Protection Beyond U.S. Borders, The Giggle Guide, December 1, 2013.
- Is Co-Branding the Right Opportunity Right Now?, The Giggle Guide, September 1, 2013.
- When Is a Changing Pad Not a Changing Pad? When It's a . . . Bed., The Giggle Guide, March 1, 2013.