Jill C. Anderson
Phone: (312) 360-6527
Fax: (312) 360-6520
Jill Anderson is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group, and a member of Freeborn’s Executive and Professional Review Committees.
Jill represents clients in all phases of litigation, with a particular focus on critical and dispositive trial motions in complex cases. Her experience includes the representation of large companies, small businesses, and individuals in a wide range of state and federal commercial matters, including antitrust, real estate, class action, product liability, breach of contract and other complex disputes. When matters reach the appellate courts, Jill is skilled in advocating for her clients to achieve final resolution in their favor.
Defended clients in nationwide antitrust class action resulting in defense judgment and successfully defended that judgment on appeal. In re Sulfuric Acid Antitrust Litigation, 703 F.3d 1004 (7th Cir. 2012).
Obtained a $36.4 million judgment against a local governmental entity for violating client’s easement rights and delaying construction of the Ritz-Carlton Residences Chicago, Magnificent Mile, and successfully defended the judgment on appeal. Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago v. Terra Foundation for American Art, 2014 IL App (1st) 130307.
Represented technology company in dispute over licensing agreement, resulting in multi-million dollar settlement for client.
Arbitrated real-estate dispute requiring seller to turn over title to real estate development.
Obtained summary judgment for client dealership group on an action by a vehicle manufacturer for specific performance of a contractual right in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Obtained reversal in the Illinois Appellate Court of summary judgment entered against client regarding the interpretation of an employment contract.
Obtained reversal in the Illinois Appellate Court of a judgment entered against client regarding the interpretation of a stock purchase agreement.
Represented Comptroller of the State of Illinois in dispute with the Attorney General of the State of Illinois regarding state-employee pay during budget impasse.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - 2021 (cited in multiple years)
- M&A and Antitrust Trailblazer - National Law Journal, 2015
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- Co-Author, “Freeborn’s Annual Review of Antitrust Decisions in the Seventh Circuit: January 2016 Part B – District Court Decisions,” Freeborn & Peters LLP (January 21, 2016).
- Co-Author, “Freeborn’s Review of Antitrust Decisions: November 2015 Part A – Appellate Decisions,” Freeborn & Peters LLP (December 16, 2015).
- Co-Author, "The Supreme Court's Recent Reverse-Payment Patent-Settlement Decision: Can The Antitrust Challenge Permitted By The Court Be Limited To Pharmaceutical Patent Settlements?," Freeborn & Peters LLP (October 24, 2013).
- Co-Author, "Joint Ventures and Other Competitor Collaborations," PLI's 46th Annual Antitrust Law Institute (May 2, 2005).