Kathryn Lundy is a Partner in the Litigation and Labor & Employment Practice Groups and a member of the Consumer Products Industry Team. Results, practice area fluency, and the extraordinary level of trust and confidence she instills in her clients are what distinguish Kathryn from her peers.
Admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey, Kathryn is a poised and sought after legal industry veteran, and the management-side employment cases she handles bear this out. In fact, her top-shelf clientele –generally concentrated in fashion, luxury goods and the hospitality industries– count on Kathryn to litigate particularly high stakes disputes, including wrongful termination, sexual harassment and discrimination, wage and hour, breach of contract, and defending and prosecuting claims related to restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets including, among others, claims under the Defend Trade Secrets Act.
Kathryn is also regularly called upon for advice and counsel regarding the gamut of complex employment issues including executive compensation or termination issues, wage and hour compliance, classification issues, restrictive covenants, discipline, management training, policy development, reductions in force, investigations, or guidance having to do with compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws, including workplace operations during COVID-19. Kathryn – for so many businesses – is a go-to attorney.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- New York Super Lawyers - 2021, Employment & Labor
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars (cited in multiple years)
- New York - Metro Super Lawyer (2019, 2020)
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Panelist, Driving Diversity in Law & Leadership Seminar, "Working through Generational Diversity Among Leaders and Emerging Leaders," (October, 2020).
- Presenter, Freeborn & Peters LLP COVID-19 Webinar, "Getting Back to Business: Safely, Legally, and Effectively," (May 28, 2020).
- Author, "Diversity In The Boardroom: Its Critical Impact In The Fashion Industry And How To Address The Disparity That Exists," CEO World, July 31, 2020.
- Commentator, Pay Parity: What is it and how does an employer get there?, HRDive, July 2, 2020.
- Co-Author, Client Alert: U.S. Department of Labor Issues Additional Guidance for Compliance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Freeborn & Peters LLP, March 26, 2020.
- Co-Author, Client Alert: New York State Requires Sick Leave and Job Protection for Employees Subject to Quarantine or Isolation due to COVID-19 Crisis, Freeborn & Peters LLP, March 26, 2020.
- Co-Author, Client Alert: President Signs COVID-19 Paid Leave Bill into Law, Freeborn & Peters LLP, March 19,2020.
- Commentator, Ratifying Equal Rights Amendment Could Speed Equal Pay, Corporate Board Diversity Laws, SHRM, December 5, 2019.
- Co-Author, Minding the Gap: 5 Steps Employers Can Take to Address Gender Wage Disparity, Corporate Counsel, December 11, 2018.
- Co-Author, Congress Makes A Splash By Tackling Tip Pools, Law360, April 26, 2018.