Kathryn Lundy is a Partner in the Litigation and Labor & Employment Practice Groups. Results, practice area fluency, and the extraordinary level of trust and confidence she instills in her clients are what distinguish Kathryn from her peers.
Admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey, Kathryn is a poised and sought after legal industry veteran, and the management-side employment cases she handles bear this out. In fact, her top-shelf clientele in varying industries count on Kathryn to litigate particularly high stakes disputes, including the defense of claims ranging from sexual harassment and discrimination, wrongful termination, wage and hour and breach of contract.
Kathryn has also counseled and litigated a broad array of matters to secure emergent relief to enforce restrictive covenants and protect their rights under the Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA) and related state laws. She also maintains an active practice in counseling organizations prior to anticipated litigation in either prosecuting or defending against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference with a contract (i.e., restrictive covenant) and prospective business relationships.
Kathryn is also regularly called upon for advice and counsel regarding the gamut of complex employment issues including executive compensation or termination issues, wage and hour compliance, classification issues, restrictive covenants, discipline, management training, policy development, reductions in force, investigations, or guidance having to do with compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws, including workplace operations during COVID-19. Kathryn – for so many businesses – is a go-to attorney.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area, 2022
- The Top 100 Women Leaders in Law, 2021
- New York Super Lawyers - Employment & Labor, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars (cited in multiple years)
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Freeborn & Peters LLP Women’s Leadership Council, 2022
- Presenter, webinar for the Association of Workplace Investigators, Inc. “Pay Equity Issues in Investigations: A Changing Landscape,” (September, 2022).
- Panelist, Driving Diversity in Law & Leadership Seminar, "Working through Generational Diversity Among Leaders and Emerging Leaders," (October, 2020).
- Presenter, Freeborn & Peters LLP COVID-19 Webinar, "Getting Back to Business: Safely, Legally, and Effectively," (May 28, 2020).
- Author, "The eradication of a constitutional right and the legal minefield for employers in a post-Roe era," Westlaw Today, July 14, 2022.
- Author, "Diversity In The Boardroom: Its Critical Impact In The Fashion Industry And How To Address The Disparity That Exists," CEO World, July 31, 2020.
- Commentator, Pay Parity: What is it and how does an employer get there?, HRDive, July 2, 2020.
- Co-Author, Client Alert: U.S. Department of Labor Issues Additional Guidance for Compliance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Freeborn & Peters LLP, March 26, 2020.
- Co-Author, Client Alert: New York State Requires Sick Leave and Job Protection for Employees Subject to Quarantine or Isolation due to COVID-19 Crisis, Freeborn & Peters LLP, March 26, 2020.
- Co-Author, Client Alert: President Signs COVID-19 Paid Leave Bill into Law, Freeborn & Peters LLP, March 19,2020.
- Commentator, Ratifying Equal Rights Amendment Could Speed Equal Pay, Corporate Board Diversity Laws, SHRM, December 5, 2019.
- Co-Author, Minding the Gap: 5 Steps Employers Can Take to Address Gender Wage Disparity, Corporate Counsel, December 11, 2018.
- Co-Author, Congress Makes A Splash By Tackling Tip Pools, Law360, April 26, 2018.