Kimberly Beis is a Partner in the firm's Litigation Practice Group, Co-Leader of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Consumer Products Industry Team. Clients know when Kim is involved in their representation they will receive the attention and care they deserve from an attorney focused on getting results in a thoughtful and efficient manner. The clients with which Kim works reap the benefit of her knowledge, experience, work ethic and personal investment in the outcome of whatever issues their business may have, whether in or out of court.
Kim has experience with all aspects of civil litigation, including pre-suit investigations, discovery, motion practice, trial preparation and examining witnesses at trial in both state and federal court, particularly as it relates to pharmaceutical patent litigation. Kim is always focused on getting the best results for the clients with which she works in the most efficient manner possible, keeping them updated of progress and answering all of their questions. Kim works as part of an incredible litigation team developing legal strategies and presenting the strength of clients’ cases persuasively and in an understandable manner to both judges and juries. Kim truly enjoys tackling new ideas and legal theories to help clients achieve their goals.
In addition to her current case work, she is also an active participant in pro bono legal programs. Kim was an active participant in the Travelers Assistance Project, has worked with various organizations assisting individuals seeking rehearing for asylum, and represented an individual for over two years in a prisoner’s rights case in federal court, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Co-Chair, Freeborn & Peters LLP Women’s Leadership Council, 2021
- Speaker, "Smashing the Glass Ceiling and Helping Others Up the Ladder," Managing Intellectual Property International Women's Leadership Chicago Forum (September 2019).
- Author, "New Enforcement and New Rules for Made in USA Claims" Powerhouse Points - A Quarterly Litigation Update, Fall 2021
- Author, "Cosmetics Containing CBD - How Regulated Should They Be?" Powerhouse Points - A Quarterly Litigation Update, Summer 2021
- Co-Author, "You Don’t Know What You’ve Got Until It’s Gone: Helping Your Clients Protect Their Intellectual Property Assets," Powerhouse Points - A Quarterly Litigation Update, Winter 2021