Sarah Gottlieb is an attorney in the Litigation Practice Group and is a member of the Intellectual Property and Insurance/ Reinsurance Industry Teams.
Sarah focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. Her experience includes representing clients in connection with contract, trade secret, trademark infringement, patent, and business tort litigation.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Sarah clerked for a federal judge. Sarah’s law school honors include the Williams F. Blews Award for exemplary pro bono service. Sarah has continued to contribute her time to pro bono matters during her legal career. Sarah is also active in the community, serving on the Board of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Representation of a regenerative aesthetic company in trade secret and business tort dispute related to the harvesting and use of mesenchymal stem cells.
Representation of an online travel company in connection with patent infringement litigation related to geolocation- and context-based searching in websites and mobile applications.
Representation of a supplement company in contract dispute with one of its social media influencers.
Representation of an educational software company in trade secret and contract dispute related to an inmate messaging solution.
Representation of an online travel company in connection with patent infringement litigation related to geolocation- and context-based searching in websites and mobile applications; the case settled following petition for writ of mandamus on venue.
Representation of company that uses a proprietary algorithmic solution to match legal services in trademark infringement and unfair competition dispute; worked on a team that obtained settlement following favorable ruling by the court as a matter of law.
Representation of an international manufacturing services company in multiple multi-million dollar contract disputes; worked on a team that obtained favorable settlements.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch - Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, 2023
- Federal Bar Association President’s Award, Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association (FBA), 2020
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, Stetson University College of Law, 2016
- Outstanding Associate Award, Stetson Law Review, 2015
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter
- Mentoring Program, Co-Chair, 2022
- Young Lawyers Division, Co-Chair, 2021
- Law School Liaison, Co-Chair, 2020
- Staying in the Game Committee, Co-Chair, 2020
- Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2017-2020
- Hillsborough County Bar Association