Sarah Gottlieb is an Associate in the Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Insurance/Reinsurance Industry and Intellectual Property Teams. Sarah focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Sarah served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Charlene Edwards Honeywell in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. She also previously served as an Associate at Phelps Dunbar LLP.
Sarah graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law, where she participated in the Honors Program, served as a Notes and Comments Editor for Stetson Law Review, and served as a legal research assistant to a professor. Sarah’s graduation honors include the Williams F. Blews Award for exemplary pro bono service. While earning her law degree, Sarah also served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Elizabeth Kovachevich and the Honorable Anthony Porcelli of the Middle District of Florida. In addition, Sarah gained experience as a Certified Legal Intern with the City of St. Petersburg and as a Law Clerk for a boutique land use and local government law firm. Before attending law school and becoming a lawyer, Sarah worked as a journalist.
Sarah is active in the community, serving on the board of the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and volunteering with Lawyers for Literacy. In her spare time, Sarah can be found outdoors, visiting family in her home state of New York, and reading literature and history.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Federal Bar Association President’s Award, Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association (FBA), 2020
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, Stetson University College of Law, 2016
- Outstanding Associate Award, Stetson Law Review, 2015
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter
- Young Lawyers Division, Co-Chair, 2021
- Law School Liaison, Co-Chair, 2020
- Staying in the Game Committee, Co-Chair, 2020
- Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2017-2020
- Hillsborough County Bar Association