Steven D. Pearson is a Partner in the Firm's Litigation Practice Group and a member of the Firm's Insurance Brokerage and Insurance and Reinsurance Industry Teams.
Steve has tried numerous cases to verdict in both state and federal courts in Illinois and across the country. His practice emphasizes the areas of non-compete litigation, professional liability, insurance coverage, bad faith, reinsurance, and complex commercial litigation. Steve also regularly litigates large-scale attorney fee disputes and has testified as an expert witness in such matters. He has represented insurers at every stage of the process, from policy drafting, to claims handling through trial and appeal in both state and federal courts throughout the country. Steve has also served as national and regional counsel for a number of insurance companies in a broad array of industry sectors, including general liability, construction defect, municipal liability, health care, environmental, mass tort, and bad faith claims.
Steve has also repeatedly been engaged as an expert on insurance-related topics and has taught insurance law as an adjunct professor of law.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Steve was a Partner at Cozen O'Connor and spent 24 years at Meckler Bulger Tilson Marick & Pearson LLP where he was a founding partner.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America - Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law, 2013 - present
- Super Lawyers (Illinois) 2005-2016
- Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - Insurance Coverage, Business Litigation, Construction Litigation - 2019 (cited in multiple years)