Tina Bird is a Partner in the Real Estate Practice Group and her practice is nationwide, including contract drafting and negotiation, arbitrations, civil trials, mediations, claim preparation and mid-project analysis.
Tina represents material suppliers, subcontractors, contractors, construction managers, design-builders, architects, owners and sureties in every aspect of their business.
Before joining Freeborn, Tina was a Partner at Clark Hill PLC in the Firm's Construction, Business and Corporate Transactions, Litigation and Real Estate departments.
Represented large developers in breach of contract claims including projects in Maryland and Florida.
Represented and was successful on behalf of many subcontractors in asserting mechanic’s lien claims on both public and private projects, and general contractors on private projects including the preparation of the actual liens and the prosecution of the lien litigation itself.
Defended a construction company against breach of warranty claims as to construction of a subdivision of single-family homes.
Successfully prosecuted multi-million dollar contractor claim concerning construction of the Cleveland Browns stadium.
Negotiated multi-million dollar contracts for the construction of the Trump Tower and McCormick Place Expansion projects.
Represented large national developer in securing disputed zoning rights for construction of a multi-million dollar shopping center.
Successfully appealed a trial court decision resulting in the creation of mechanic’s lien rights for trucking and hauling of construction material.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Leading Lawyers - 2019 (cited in multiple years)
- Illinois Super Lawyers - 2017 (cited in multiple years)
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction
- Past-Chair, Chicago Bar Association Mechanics' Lien and Construction Committee
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys (SOICA)
- Federation of Women Contractors
- Panelist, "Succeeding in a Male-Dominant Legal Field" Women, Diversity & Change Summit (June 6, 2019).
- Moderator, "Chicago Construction & Development 2018: Megadevelopments Challenging the Status Quo" Bisnow (May 2, 2018).
- "Illinois Mechanics' Liens," Illinois Continuing Legal Education (September 2012, 2011 and February 2007).
- "Construction Concerns and Considerations for Higher Education," URMIA (University Risk Management and Insurance Association) (September 2012 and June 2011).
- "E-Discovery for Modern Day Business," (February and July 2006).
- "Change Orders in Illinois," Lorman Presentation (June 2005 and June 2006).
- "Illinois Mechanics' Liens," Half Moon LLC Presentation (September 2005).
- "Illinois Mechanics' Liens," Chicago Bar Association Seminar (December 2012, 2005 and 2004).