Phone: (312) 360-6467
Fax: (312) 360-6520
“People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.” This quote, attributed to many people including President Theodore Roosevelt, sums up my approach to practicing law. I take pride in caring about my clients’ issues as much as they do.
Tina Wills is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group.
Tina focuses her practice on complex commercial lawsuits, critical motions designed to resolve cases before trial, trials, and appeals. She is known for her attention to detail, cogent legal briefs, and effective oral advocacy. She counsels clients on strategic matters at all stages of litigation, from the initiation of lawsuits through and including proceedings before state and federal appellate courts and the U.S. Supreme Court. She has briefed appeals before four different court of appeals and supreme courts.
Tina represents corporations, small businesses, and individuals in a wide range of complex commercial matters, including contract disputes, fraud claims, employment disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, discrimination claims, pursuing claims against former employees, False Claims Act cases, and environmental mass tort litigation. These cases frequently implicate complex issues of pleading, class and collective action certification, contract interpretation, preemption, standing, and statutory construction. Tina’s ability to manage highly complex cases draws from her extensive litigation experience.
Prevailed in action to reform contract terms, successfully barring most of defendant’s affirmative defense before trial and using defendant’s own expert in client’s case-in-chief at trial.
Defeated False Claims Act complaints against clients at the pleading stage;
Successfully obtained dismissal of lawsuit against client based on claims of private nuisance at the pleading stage.
Prevailed in the defense of a corporate client in a matter involving federal preemption and the transportation of hazardous materials at both the trial court and appellate levels.
Defeated dispositive motions related to client’s lawsuit claiming breach of fiduciary duties by former employee.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Crain's Chicago Business - Rising Stars in Law, 2021
- Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, 2019
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- "Salary Forfeiture: A Deterrent with Teeth" Civil Litigation Flashpoints, published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, August 2015.
- "News Flash! Cattle Farms Have Flies, and That’s No Manure!" Civil Litigation Flashpoints, published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, December 2012.
- "Condominium Associations Face New Challenges Collecting Unpaid Assessments." August 2012.
- "The Illinois Supreme Court Bolsters Shield Against SLAPP Suits." January, 2011.