Verona M. Sandberg
Phone: (312) 360-6437
Fax: (312) 360-6520
I just wanted to take a few moments to thank you and your firm for lending us the services of Missy Sandberg while one of our attorneys was on sabbatical. Missy came in and hit the ground running, adding tremendous value right off the bat and taking the load off of our already overloaded attorneys. But more than that, Missy immediately meshed with everyone on the team and fit right in. She is intelligent, articulate, and professional in everything she does. But she is also incredibly warm, kind, and engaging on a personal level. She made significant contributions to our team throughout the time she was here, and we could not be happier with how it worked out. You should be very proud of the way that Missy represented your firm during the time she spent with our company. We will miss her and hope to work with her again in the future.
Verona "Missy" Sandberg is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group.
Missy has worked on a wide range of cases dealing with Antitrust, Class Action, Breach of Contract, Shareholder Disputes, Trusts and Estates, and other Complex Litigation.
Missy represents clients in commercial disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country with a focus on critical and dispositive trial motions and appeals in complex cases. Significant matters include:
- Defending clients in nationwide antitrust class action in which plaintiffs sought $500 million in damages resulting in defense judgment and successful defense of judgment on appeal.
- Defending a large private home improvement chain and its owner against claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and promissory estoppel.
- Obtaining approval from the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division for $18 billion merger between a Canadian mining company and one of its competitors.
- Defending an accounting firm against securities fraud claims and successfully arguing for the imposition of sanctions against plaintiffs under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act.
Missy has experience working as an in-house attorney at a global company during a secondment assignment in 2018.
Prior to joining the Firm, Missy was a consultant at Arthur Andersen LLP where she provided financial consulting services and damages analyses to attorneys and corporate clients.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars - 2016 (cited in multiple years)
- Leading Lawyers - Emerging Lawyers - 2018 (cited in multiple years)
- Co-Chair, Freeborn & Peters LLP Women’s Leadership Council, 2022