CHICAGO – Freeborn & Peters LLP is pleased to announce that 16 of the firm’s partners have been included in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, one of the oldest and most prestigious attorney referral publications. Additionally, 7 Freeborn Associates were included in Best Lawyer’s inaugural “Ones to Watch” edition.
“We are proud of our partners who have once again been awarded by the respected Best Lawyers guide to the country’s top attorneys,” said Freeborn Co-Managing Partner William E. Russell. “We also congratulate our associates who have been named within Best Lawyer’s first “Ones to Watch” guide. Our ranked partners and up-and-coming associates are among the leaders in their respective practice areas and industries for providing strategic legal counsel that impact a number of our clients on complex matters and issues that are critical to the success of their businesses.”
Now in its 27th edition, Best Lawyers lists attorneys who are highly recommended for their legal abilities by their peers, as determined through extensive surveys. Lawyers are not permitted to pay a fee to participate or be recognized. For the 2021 edition, 9.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in the inclusion of more than 67,000 lawyers in 148 practice areas.
The attorneys in Freeborn’s Chicago office (and their recognized practice areas) who were named 2021 Best Lawyers are:
• Stephen P. Benson (Patent Law)
• Roger H. Bickel (Government Relations Practice)
• Philip L. Comella (Environmental Law)
• Kenneth M. Crane (Venture Capital Law)
• Jeffery M. Cross (Antitrust Law)
• Andrew L. Goldstein (Copyright Law, Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television)
• Mark R. Goodman (Insurance Law)
• David C. Gustman (Antitrust Law, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Antitrust)
• Steven D. Pearson (Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance)
• Eileen B. Trost (Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Trusts and Estates)
• Alexander S. Vesselinovitch (Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar)
• Michael D. Whitty (Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Trusts and Estates)
Based in Freeborn’s Richmond, Va., office, Partner Theodore I. Brenner was named a 2021 Best Lawyer for Insurance Law.
The attorneys in Freeborn’s Tampa, Fla., office (and their recognized practice areas) who were named 2021 Best Lawyers are:
Based in Freeborn’s New York, Ny., office, Partner Marc B. Zimmerman was named a 2021 Best Lawyer for Litigation - Labor and Employment.
Additionally, a number of Freeborn Associates were included in Best Lawyers first “Ones to Watch” edition. The newest award initiative recognizes attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States. Similar to the traditional Best Lawyers rankings, the “Ones to Watch” are selected from a comprehensive peer review process. More than 11,000 lawyers from 2,169 firms were selected for inclusion in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
The attorneys in Freeborn’s Chicago office (and their recognized practice areas) who were included in 2021 inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch are:
Based in Freeborn’s New York, Ny., office, Associate Andrew A. Wooden was named a 2021 Best Lawyer: One to Watch for Insurance Law.
The attorneys in the Freeborn’s Tampa, Fla., office (and their recognized practice areas) who were included in the 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch edition are:
To learn more about Best Lawyers rankings, visit https://www.bestlawyers.com/.