We provide tax and estate planning for a wide range of individuals including executives, closely held business owners, entrepreneurs and wealthy families.
Our services include:
- Preparing and implementing revocable trusts designed to use available estate, gift and generation-skipping exemptions
- Advising on traditional estate planning structures
- Providing advanced advice on an array of transfer techniques designed to reduce taxes and protect assets, including family partnerships, grantor annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, charitable trusts, trusts for children, insurance trusts and generation-skipping trusts.
For individual and corporate fiduciaries administering trusts and estates, we assist in areas including:
- Multi-state probate legal services
- Preparation of probate and trust accounts
- Preparation and filing of federal and state estate tax returns.
- Advanced post-mortem planning, including the use of disclaimers, extensive analysis of the timing of tax payments and fiduciary income tax planning
We also help owners of closely held and family owned businesses with the various issues that arise in the transition of the business from one generation to the next as well as with the adoption of tax saving structures for the ultimate disposition of the business. Working closely with members of our Tax Group and Corporate Group, we provide critical assistance to owners of closely held businesses to minimize the estate and gift tax impact of a transaction.