The Springfield office is a core element of the Firm’s Government Relations and Regulatory Law Practice Group. This role would be responsible for the general operation of the office and support of two attorneys and visiting clients, as well as overflow work from the Chicago office.
- Reception responsibilities including answering all calls and inquiries
- General office management including ordering supplies, interfacing with landlord, maintaining office space and equipment, etc.
- Prepare memoranda, client engagement letters, general correspondence
- Proofread and format documents as needed
- Create reports including presentation of data in charts and graphs
- Handle regulatory compliance filings with Secretary of State
- Stay abreast of relevant information by tracking legislation status, IL Register weekly rules, select village board agendas, select agency meeting agendas, and performing Internet research
- Extensively use e-mail to communicate information
- Manage attorney contacts and calendars
- Enter time and process expense reports
- Process conflict checks using firm software
- Assist with development of marketing materials
- Arrange attorney travel as needed
- Attend training classes to keep skills current
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of government experience or executive assistance of legislator preferred
- Strong knowledge of Capitol protocols and Session calendar/procedures required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage competing priorities
- Client service mindset and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to resolve problems
- Ability to work a hybrid in-office/work from home schedule with in office presence expected on at least a weekly basis, and on a daily basis when General Assembly is in session
Freeborn & Peters LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants who will contribute to the diversity of our practice and our Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability, veteran or military status, or any other status or class protected under federal, state or, local law.
Freeborn & Peters LLP has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to accommodations for medical or religious reasons.
Freeborn & Peters LLP
311 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606