CHICAGO – Freeborn & Peters LLP is pleased to announce that Chambers USA has ranked five Freeborn practice areas and 11 firm attorneys in its 2021 legal industry guide. Among the ranked attorneys, Freeborn Partner, Chair of the Firm's Executive Committee and Leader of the Firm's Insurance/ Reinsurance Industry Group, Joseph T. McCullough IV was nationally ranked in Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Reinsurance for the third consecutive year. Freeborn’s New York Office Managing Partner, Sean T. Keely, was additionally ranked nationally for Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Reinsurance.
Freeborn was ranked as among the top firms in Illinois in the following practice areas:
• Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Reinsurance
• Media & Entertainment: Transactional
• Real Estate
Freeborn was additionally ranked among the top firms in New York in the Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Reinsurance practice area.
“We are extremely proud of our skilled and strategic attorneys in Chicago and New York who have been ranked by the prestigious Chambers USA guide as among the top legal professionals in their practice areas,” said Freeborn Co-Managing Partner William E. Russell. “We also want to congratulate our Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Insurance, Media and Entertainment, and Real Estate teams for their hard work and successes in providing the highest quality service and results to our clients.”
Freeborn’s Chicago-based attorneys, and their recognized practice areas, ranked by Chambers USA as among the leading lawyers for business in Illinois are:
• James J. Boland (Partner, Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Reinsurance)
• Mitchell A. Carrel (Partner, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use)
• Philip L. Comella (Partner and Leader of the Environment and Energy Practice Group, Environment: Litigation)
• Jeffery M. Cross (Partner, Antitrust)
• Shelly A. DeRousse (Partner and Leader of the Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group, Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
• Andrew L. Goldstein (Partner, Media & Entertainment: Transactional)
• Mark R. Goodman (Partner, Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory)
• Ari W. Krigel (Partner, Real Estate)
• Harry Leipsitz (Attorney, Real Estate)
• Joseph T. McCullough IV (Partner and Leader of the Insurance/Reinsurance Industry Group, Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Reinsurance)
Freeborn’s New York City-based Partner, and his recognized practice area, ranked by Chambers USA as among the leading lawyers for business in New York is:
• Sean T. Keely (Partner, New York Office Managing Partner, Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Insurer)
Chambers and Partners ranks leading U.S. firms and attorneys based on in-depth research and interviews with attorneys’ clients and peers. Chambers assesses attorneys on attributes most valued by clients, including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, and commitment. The Chambers USA guide is widely read by industry-leading companies and organizations nationwide. For more information, visit https://www.chambersandpartners.com.